The Beijing Film Academy is one of the top 3 film schools in the world. Graduates from the Beijing Film Academy have all won world-renowned film festival awards. Yimou Zhang, the director of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, is one of Beijing Film Academy’s graduates. In cooperation with the Canadian Film and Television Institute, the Beijing Film Academy has established their Overseas Training Center in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Xiaomin Zhang, a graduate of the Beijing Film Academy and principal of the Canadian Film and Television Institute, was a famous Chinese actor in the 80’s and 90’s who won the popular Hundred Flowers Award.
The following is the details of the press conference:
Canadian Film and Television Institute Press Conference
On June 27, 2014, 11:00AM (Beijing time), the Canadian Film and Television Institute officially signed the partnership agreement with the Beijing Film Academy. The Beijing Film Academy, being one of the world’s top 3 film academies and China’s top film academy, has fostered many historic film professionals. In hopes to accelerate the transition of the Chinese film industry into the international market, the Beijing Film Academy has agreed with the Canadian Film and Television Institute to offer a learning site in Vancouver, BC. The partnership agreement will be a first for the Beijing Film Academy. June 27, 2014 will be a historic moment for both institutions!
The Chinese film industry has grown exponentially in this past decade. In the year 2014, box office revenues reached $27 billion USD, making China 2nd to Hollywood in box office revenues. Film professionals are currently in high demand in China, and experts expect that in year 2020, the Chinese film industry will, for the first time, exceed Hollywood in film production and revenues. Currently, famous directors and Hollywood film production companies have already taken a lead entering the Chinese film industry.
Taking advantage of the current industry growth, the Beijing Film Academy collaborates with the Canadian Film and Television Institute to open the Beijing Film Academy Overseas Training Center in hopes of promoting multiculturalism, and fostering future talent by allowing students the opportunity to experience a first-class learning experience.
Registration for the Beijing Film Academy Overseas Training Center (BCIi) are now open! Candidates will be admitted into the CFTI for their first year of studies, and then onto BFA to complete their degree.
After graduating from CFTI, students will be awarded with the BCIi training certificate and CFTI higher education diploma. Students admitted into the BFA after graduation from CFTI will also be awarded the BFA higher education diploma at graduation. Only outstanding students will be able to graduated and be given the opportunity to attend the Beijing Film Academy, receiving diplomas for both institutions.
Initial enrollment of the Beijing Film Academy Overseas Training Center will only be admitting 15 students. Classes will commence on September 30, 2014.
Currently CFTI offers the following courses: Acting for Film and TV, Acting and Kung Fu for Film and Television, Bilingual (Chinese/English) Acting for Film and TV, Bilingual (Chinese/English) Screenwriting, Directing, ESL, and Part-Time Acting Essentials. CFTI is on the Designated Institutions List, allowing students to apply for student visas, work permit, and the new immigration policy. Students who study in our 2-year program will be offered a complementary 480-hour on-set film practice course.
1. 1. Registrations are now open. 15 spaces available. Registrations open every 3 months.
2. 2. Must be a Canadian or American citizen, immigrant, permanent resident, or Green Card holder.
3. 3. Must be at least age 15.
4. 4. Please complete the application at: www.canadacfti.com. Please also submit with your application, 3 photos of yourself (head-shot, shoulder-length, full-body). All applications are to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be processed in 3 -5 business days. Select applicants will be asked to attend our preliminary auditions on August 8, 2014. Please bring your passport, proof of residence (PR card, Green Card, etc.) and application form.
5. 5. One week from the preliminary audition, the list of finalists will be posted on the Canadian Film and Television Institute’s bulletin board. Callbacks will be held 3 days after the list is posted. After that will be a final callback.
6. 6. You will receive the Beijing Film Academy Overseas Training Center and Canadian Film and Television Institute signed Letter of Acceptance.
Registration Fee: $250 (includes preliminary audition, callback, and final callback)
Jointly designated examiners and teachers will supervise the auditions.
Registration fees are paid 1 – 2 hours before the exam, on site.
Note: We offer scholarships, installments, and financial assists to students in need.
Note on Examination: Students must bring their passport and 3 photos to the specified audition location at the specified time. Students who are late or are missing documents will not be permitted to enter the audition.
Beijing Film Academy website: www.bfa.edu.cn
Canadian Film and Television Institute website: www.canadacfti.com
Registration Hotline: +1-604-370-0488 (Vancouver)
+1-416-419-2602 or +1-647-293-2010 (Toronto)