STANDARD ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMS EXCEPT ESL:
- All applicants must be a minimum of 14 years of age and must submit the latest official transcript or equivalent of their studies (e.g. grade 8 transcript or equivalent with 70% grade and parental/guardian permission for minors – under 18 years of age etc).
- All applicants must submit 3 current photographs: one headshot, one medium shot and one full-body shot.
- All applicants must attach to their submission an Acting Resume listing any previous acting experience and/or training.
- All applicants must submit a video taped audition.
- All applicants must write and submit a brief essay as to why they are interested in a career in film & TV and why they wish to train at CFTI
- All applicants must indicate in writing how they plan to cover tuition fee, living cost and other related expenses during their training at CFTI (provide a detailed financial plan – e.g. savings, study loan, job, parents support etc.)
- All applicants must complete an admission interview with the Admissions Officer.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- All applicants must be proficient in English (reading/writing/listening).
- If accepted, the tuition must be paid immediately in order to hold your seat in the program.
- International applicants must apply at least 30 days before the start of the program to allow for immigration administration.
- All students are responsible for finding their own accommodations in Vancouver while attending school at CFTI.
DOMESTIC STUDENTS: Graduates of a Canadian Education Institution will provide the graduation certificate and will be evaluated as per CFTI’s Admissions Policy.
- 18 years or older: Proof of high school graduation, including English 12.
- 17 years or younger: Latest transcript including English course taken.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Proof of TOEFL score of 520 or IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent.(For students who do not reach our English language requirements, you can still go to CFTI by taking our 2-6 months ESL class.)
All international students need to obtain STUDY PERMIT. To find out more about applying for a Study Permit in Canada please check Canadian immigration website here.
The institute will not waive language proficiency requirement at anytime.Currently CFTI can’t take international students in any of its programs.